Senior Video Editor (Remote)
**This is a remote position. You must be located in the San Francisco Bay Area.**
**This is a direct hire position (no contract or freelance)
At Empowered Education, Health Coach Institute (HCI) & Functional Nutrition Alliance (FxNA), we have a passion for empowering people to transform their lives through nutrition, lifestyle modification, and habit change. We are pioneering the movement to transform the current healthcare system into one that focuses more on health & wellness and nutrition along with traditional medicine.
Senior Video Editor Position Summary:
We are seeking a passionate Senior Video Editor with a love for health and wellness, and with direct experience creating social video content including floating text, motion graphics, and sound. In addition to technical skills, you want to flex your visual storytelling muscle, and most of all contribute as a team player.
The video editor is expected to deliver projects that are on time, fit the Empowered Education brands (including Health Coach Institute and Functional Nutrition Alliance) and create the highest technical and creative standard combining cutting edge edit techniques with storytelling methods. We're a fast paced, remote/virtual environment. In this role, you will get the opportunity to collaborate with our executive leadership and creative teams and bring their vision to life.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate on creative development of new projects assigned by the Creative Director and the Marketing Director
- Editing and creating video content that captures the creative scope
- Select and combine the most effective shots to form a clear, logical and flowing story
- Editing of both long form content driven work and short form work
- Become familiar with scripts for production concepts and editing requirements
- Clear communication with the team regarding project status and needs
- Act as a representative of Empowered Education while working with talent (our students, subject matter experts, etc.)
- You'll need to have a strong portfolio, with a polished & clean aesthetic
- Excellent skills with piecing together video & graphics
- Excellent skills creating captions & titles
- Quick turnaround with edits
- Deep familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (mainly After Effects & Premiere Pro) and Photoshop
- Experience operating camera (both video and photo)
- Proven work experience leading client engagements as a creative director or content creator
- Minimum of 2 years of proven work experience as a video/content editor and a BS degree in film studies, cinematography or related field (agency experience is preferred)
- Ability to live demonstrate your video editing skills reflected in your portfolio
Attributes of the Ideal Candidate:
- Self-motivated to complete individual and team assignments, and the concurrent ability to lead and work under the guidance of project supervisors and the ability to produce content in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to give and receive critical feedback in a small team environment
- Excellent attention to detail both with shooting style and translating footage through editing visual content
- Ability to stay composed and troubleshoot problems during technical issues
- Strong written, oral, and visual communication; ability to speak clearly and concisely to team members and talent
- Knowledge of fitness training and techniques is a competitive advantage (but not required)
ABOUT EMPOWERED EDUCATION (HEALTH COACH INSTITUTE)
We are a dedicated and heart-centered team that is passionate about making the world a healthier, happier, more conscious place. It is our mission to work collectively to contribute to the student experience and our company culture. We celebrate, share and live Health Coach Institute’s vision of doing what you love, with love and we are committed to working together as a team with mutual intention and purpose. We stand for living a passion-full life, striving to be the best version of ourselves, and for curiosity and learning in ever-expanding abundance. Most important, we stand together in support of our students as they step into the thrilling spotlight that is waiting for them.
Health Coach Institute is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ancestry, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veteran’s status, or any other basis protected by law.